Thursday, June 2, 2011

I put on my research beenie


My husband has a very cute nickname for me, which unfortunately, I can't share with you.  As you've probably guessed, Ana is not my real name.  It is a name that I am used to being called, but it's not the name I was born with.  In order to share with you my cute nickname, I'd have to tell you my real name, as it's a play on the ever-famous "Encyclopedia Britanica".

I am a purveyor of incredibly useless information.  I read constantly, am always learning, and am desperate to share information with everyone else.  There is nothing I love more than a conversation that goes something like this:

"Hey, did you know that sloths only pee once a week?"

"NO, how crazy is that?  I heard something interesting the other day too.  Did you know that..."

I absolutely love this.  I love learning bizarre little factoids.  It makes me feel alive in a strange way that I can't really convey.  When I was a kid, I was addicted to National Geographic and the Discovery Channel.  I'd just suck up all of that info and organize it inside my wee head.  I have this idea that I have this wall of information, theories, and facts inside my noggin.  Each time I receive a brick of knowledge, I figure out where it goes and plug it into the wall.  I've always hoped that eventually I'll have a sort of lacy structure that encompasses a tiny bit of everything and gives me some grand understanding of the universe that so far has been denied me.  I really am a freak :).

To approach this in a much more concise manner, I'll describe my personality in the fewest words possible.  Unfortunately, this will only make sense to the Harry Potter readers out there.  If Hermione and Luna had a baby...she'd be something like me.

You can imagine my joy and sheer bliss when the internet appeared.  I am a passionate googler.  I use Google in ways that would make a librarian want to kiss me.  I simply cannot let a day go by without researching something.  It is a healthy compulsion.

So, when I made the startling discovery that my marriage was broken and I would do anything to fix it, I immediately turned to beguiling google for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment