Monday, June 6, 2011

Here today gone tomorrow.

You may notice over the coming days that I don't post quite as much.  This would be because the red card has been up since I've entered the no man's land of my cycle (literally) yesterday morning.  There comes a point in my cycle every month when I just don't want sex at all.  It's not even a low libido issue.  It's not as if I can try and muster some desire, the idea of having sex actually makes me angry.  I just don't get it.

I was really hoping that it was all in my head and that I would just sail through this month's "no man's land" and not even notice it.  I was totally wrong.  I was just sitting around on Saturday night, and I realized that I wasn't that interested anymore.  A few hours later, I was fundamentally against sex in any form.  Ahh, well.  We're making progress at least.  I was so enjoying the feeling of actually being horny, that it made me very sad to watch my libido pack its bags and leave me.

I have to remember that there's hope though.  I really really did feel insanely aroused for quite a while there.  I'm sure it will come again once I pass through this hormonal phase.

On a side note, I recently had hormone tests run so it will be interesting to see what the doctor has to say about how to correct what's going on.  I've had multiple endocrine problems most of my life, so I know when something has changed.  I'm just glad that I finally found a doctor who is willing to help.  I'll keep you posted as to what she says and how my treatment is working.  What's surprising about this no libido phase is that it's at the time when most women are supposed to be at their horniest.  It's right around ovulation that I start hating sex.  A few days after, I go back to normal.  I suspect it's an estrogen/testosterone/progesterone imbalance issue.  When I gaze into my crystal ball, I see progesterone supplements in my future.

So, that's probably enough of that.  In the interest of full disclosure, I just wanted you all to know what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment